Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wednesday Recap: Spin City

Practice was productive this week. We focused on building the elements that will go into my competitive program. They're pretty complex, lots of combinations, so I'm going to list them here so I can keep them all straight! Also, I'm practicing for when I have to submit my elements list to the judges before a competition. Here's what we got together so far...

Jumps:

  • 2Lutz
  • 2Flip-2Toe
  • 2Flip
  • 2Loop-Axel
  • Axel-half loop-2Salchow
  • 2Salchow


Spins:

  • Death drop / back sit / forward camel with foot grab / upright crossfoot 
  • Forward sit (8 revolutions!) / tuck or crouch or whatever the heck it's called
  • Forward Camel (with winding entry) / broken leg / hair-cutter


We also started to try out some footwork passes. Lots of rockers, counters, loops, swizzles and choctaws. There is more to be added jumps and spins-wise, but we'll sort that out...

I only managed to get one video of a spin combo (the forward camel/broken leg/hair cutter). It's a little half-assed, and I cut out of the hair-cutter (third spin) early because it was the very end of the session and I was getting some serious stink-eye from the guy driving the Zamboni champing at the bit to resurface on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment