Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Skates for the Small Set

I want to take my toddler, who will be 2 in February, skating for the first time this winter. Contrary to what many would believe, I haven't thought of putting her in skates until fairly recently, and thus never bothered looking to see if there even were skates made for such little feet. Silly me, of course there are.

I think I'm going to try BabySkates. It's the only company I can find that makes skates especially for toddlers. Kids this age are still trying to figure out how to walk and run, let alone skate, so sturdy, well-made, double-blade skates designed specifically for them seem like a good bet.

My first pair of skates were relics from the 1950s or something - they were literally just a double blade frame strapped to my feet with leather. Not so much skates as...well...contraptions. They did the trick though. I'll save the picture evidence for when I have my daughter's skates so you get the full effect of the side-by-side photos.

Now I just have to find a helmet that fits her little head!


No comments:

Post a Comment