Monday, October 6, 2014

An Overdue Wednesday Recap

I spent the last week on a little mini-vacation in Chicago, so I didn't get a chance to do my Wednesday recap after last Tuesday's practice. Making up for it now.

I had to pull out of the Halloween show because of conflicts. Between my travels, my work, my toddler, a friend's wedding and my husband's commitments at New York Comic Con, I am just not going to be able to get in the practice time I need to finish the program. So I've deferred my next performance to a show during the holiday season in Dec/Jan, and will spend the next month honing my competitive skills before buckling down on a show program.

I didn't rest on my laurels during my mini-vacay though. Thanks to my wonderful brother, I received a dance lesson from the talented folks at Arthur Murray Chicago. I danced with Terence, who taught me Latin dances like rumba, salsa, bachata and also hustle. So much fun! And such a useful supplement to skating. One can apply the same techniques of rhythm and movement on the ice as in the ballroom.

Highlight of the evening though was getting to dance with my brother (see photo above), who is an accomplished ballroom dancer. I'm not the only competitor in the family—he's heading to Vegas next month to compete!



No comments:

Post a Comment