Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Skate Canada Preview

Ok so when I said in my Skate America Recap that I thought I would get a better handle on the competition at the second Grand Prix event, Skate Canada, I lied. I only recognize a handful of skaters competing in Kelowna this weekend.

I completely guessed in the ice dance and pairs events. For the ladies and mens events I have more confidence. I think Russia's Anna Pogorilaya will be terrific, and I adore Javier Fernandez of Spain. He's a fantastic skater. I thought he got a little screwed at the Olympics and Worlds, so I'm eager to see him do well this year.

Here are my fantasy team picks:

Skate Canada Event

Ladies A
Anna Pogorilaya (RUS)

Ladies B
Rika Hongo (JPN)

Ladies C
Brooklee Han (AUS)

Men's A
Javier Fernandez (ESP)

Men's B
Michal Brezina (CZE)

Men's C
Florent Amodio (FRA)

Pairs A
Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN)

Pairs B
Maddie Aaron/Max Settlage (USA)

Pairs C
Mari Vartmann/Aaron Van Cleave (GER)

Ice Dancing A
Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue (USA)

Ice Dancing B
Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier (CAN)

Ice Dancing C
Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette (CAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment