Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Going for Gold in the Golden Years

When it comes to figure skating in the media, seemingly clever "punny" headlines are the only way to go, apparently (sigh). Every media personality dreams of writing or delivering a cheeky headline like the one on this news story about an adult skater out of Washington.



Stupid headlines aside, this 71-year-old skater is AMAZING! She looks totally fearless out there on the ice, and has excellent technique for a skater at her level. I'm super impressed, and I sincerely hope I will get to see her at Adult Nationals next year.

And if I had a nickel for every adult skater who told me they started skating because they were bored sitting in the stands while their kids skated (as the woman in the story did), I'd be rich enough to build my own rink. Get out there and skate, skating parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment