Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wednesday Recap

Another week, another practice in the can.

This week, my husband and daughter were kind enough to accompany me to the rink, and they took some video.

Here's me nailing a double salchow. (Notice the dude in the background totally video bombs me with a wipeout.)





And here's me nailing a double flip.





Despite the video, all in all, it was not my best practice. Tried a few run-throughs of the show program and felt like I needed an oxygen tank at the end. I am still optimistic though that it's coming together in time for the show at the end of this month.

On a more positive note, I'm really proud of how my spins are improving. That's a part of skating I had always brushed to the side in favor of perfecting jumps, but now I'm starting to appreciate that there is so much more creativity in spins.

And unrelated to my own skating, I really enjoyed my daughter's wide-eyed wonder as she beheld an ice rink for the first time in her life. She seemed mesmerized for a bit by all the bright lights and the action on the ice. Maybe we have a future skater on our hands?



No comments:

Post a Comment