Thursday, May 1, 2014

#tbt Throwback Thursday

I love #tbt because it gives me an excuse (like I need one, really) to click around the Internets and re-live the glory of skating past - both mine and that of skating greats.

Here's this week's #tbt:

Video footage from the 1913 World Championships in Stockholm. Seems like there was a lot more use of the toe-pick back then in freestyle.



The "Battle of the Brians" at the Calgary Games in '88, revisited. Hey, remember when they still did figures in competition? Yeah me neither...



And since this is my blog, here's one from my first-ever pairs performance at the Achilles FSC annual exhibition at Union College. I was 11ish maybe, and did a group number with my then pairs coach, Chip, as well as with two other skaters that he taught. I'm the littlest skater up first in the routine, which is aptly performed to "Head over Heels," by Tears for Fears. Get it? Because during the first lift I'm head over...nevermind.


More #tbt next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment