Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Synchro Gets the Heave-Ho in 2018

Forgive my sad need for a rhyme-y headline, but I'm trying to make light of a crappy situation. The IOC decided against adding synchro at the Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018. This is upsetting to myself and to thousands of synchro fans all over the world.

Why is it so hard to add synchro, in a world where synchronized swimming has been a part of the Olympics for decades? I get that it's an expensive prospect, and I get that it's a relatively unknown branch of the sport (read: no one will sponsor it). But were those really the reasons? I wish there was some clarity for the public on why it was left out this time.

There's nothing for it though, but to start up #SYNCHROIN2022.

I like US Figure Skating's somewhat positive thinky response:


We're disappointed Synchro won't debut at #PyeongChang2018, but optimistic for the future...Here's #WhyWeLoveSynchro!Why do you LOVE synchro?!
Posted by U.S. Figure Skating on Monday, June 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment