Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cooking with Boitano

Gary Stevens / Wikimedia Commons
What would Brian Boitano...cook?

Apparently, a lot. The 1988 Olympic gold medalist is launching a web series with the USOC that focuses on cooking with elite athletes, called "Cooking with Team USA and Brian Boitano."

I think this is a really cool idea. Cooking for an athlete in training is different than cooking for your average adult, and the lessons in it are valuable to everyone, athlete or no.

One of the healthiest ways to be involves eating a diet of a lot of energy-boosting stuff and to be consistent about it. I tend to have trouble with this, even more so now when I'm obligated to put the dietary needs of a 2-year-old before my own. (Time to sit down and eat? Who has that??) If I haven't been doing a good job keeping myself nourished, I feel it immediately on the ice. My energy plummets and I bend at the waist and feel extra dizzy and light-headed. Not good. I always keep a Clif Bar in my kiss n' cry bag, because sadly this happens more often than it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment