Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wednesday Recap

I have had to cut down my practices to once a week since Easterns, due to various family travel commitments. While it's nice to take a bit of a break from hardcore training, it's also a bummer to realize how quickly all the stamina I built up dissipates!

During last night's practice it was clear that I was dragging a bit, bending at the waist and falling more than usual. But it was one of those practices where I got to try new spins, practice some jumps I left out of competition, and try to incorporate them into my program for the next competition.

Which, I've contemplated, may be the Colonial Open in May.

Among the new elements I've been attempting, side layback spins and 2axels. My progress on the 2axel with the harness last night was encouraging.


A video posted by Jessica Marshall (@jess_on_ice) on

No comments:

Post a Comment