Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Jason Brown Skips Quad, Lands World's First Quint! (April Fool's!)

I haven't seen any good skating-related April Fool's jokes on the interwebs today.

So I was trying to think of a good April Fool's joke to play here on Jess on Ice, like "Jason Brown Skips Quad, Lands World's First Quint!" But I lack the straight-face necessary to pull that off.

Instead, I refer you to a publication that excels at pulling off a great joke headline, The Onion. Last year during the Sochi Olympics they published "Emergency Crews Attempt to Rescue Figure Skater Who Fell Through Ice," complete with an expertly doctored image from the arena in Sochi. When I posted it on my FB feed, a few people were fooled - that was unintentional, of course.

Of course falling through rink ice is impossible, but it's still funny to imagine it.



Happy April Fool's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment