Monday, April 20, 2015

5-Day Performance Photo Challenge

In honor of Adult Nationals last week, I saw many adult skaters doing a five-day photo challenge on Facebook, each day posting a throwback photo to their younger skating days. Many of the ones I saw brought back memories for myself, having known them at the time.

It's important for a skater to look back on his or her career now and again. The reminder of how far you have come is a powerful motivator. I wanted to participate, but no one nominated me! Though if someone had, I'd have have trouble keeping up. All my skating photos are scattered on hard drives and in photo albums!

Skating as adult and skating as a child were two different experiences for me though, so I'm looking forward to building up photographic memories of the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment