Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Foot Fetish

I read an article in the NYTimes Fashion & Style section today about a recent rise in cosmetic foot surgery. Specifically, cosmetic foot surgery designed to alleviate the pain caused by one's favorite fabulous heels. I love my heels. I've probably gone on record before saying that I would give my right arm for my feet to feel amazing in amazing shoes, but I'm drawing the line here. On the ice. With my blade.

Now, I admit that since my competitive skating career fell off a few years back I have developed something of an obsession with fashionable footwear that borders on an unhealthy. So much so, that I made a video about it.


I love shoes. I love how a cute shoe looks on my foot, despite the fact that it may cause me great pain, or that it would change my gait from normal to Frankenstein. But I wouldn't choose to undergo potentially painful elective surgery--that could potentially compromise my skating--just to look good in heels.

I'd rather look good in my $1100 Louboutains skates, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment