Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday Recap

It's getting real people. The Colonial Adult Winter Challenge is just a week and a half away, and Easterns is in two and a half weeks. I just got the schedule for Easterns and bought my practice ice. No turning back now!

The last three weeks of practices have been of mixed success. My life outside of skating has been stressful between work and trying not to feel guilty about barely having time to spend with my child, and it has left me tired during practices. When I get tired, I bend at the waist and my programs have been horror shows. Not exactly a confidence-booster. Yesterday's practice was encouraging though, far from perfect, but enough to at least not send me running for the hills.

I finally found a competition dress to wear, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. Not having had to pick out my own outfit, well, ever, I didn't even know where to start. I ordered a couple of separates from Northern Ice & Dance (a fantastic selection, and they're so nice to work with!), thinking I could combine them to form the piece to match this crazy idea I had in my head and my flamenco-themed music. Yeah, that was a dumb idea. It just didn't work out like I envisioned. My mother, knowing this would be the outcome, smartly dug out one of my old dresses that I wore maybe once. I'd forgotten about it, but it turned out to fit perfectly in every way. So that's taken care of.

Here's a snapshot of the dress my mother texted me when I was having a breakdown over the possibility of not having anything to wear for the competition. Haven't had time to take a picture of it on, but maybe I'll model it for #FashionFriday.


No comments:

Post a Comment