Friday, February 20, 2015

Need More Hours in the Day...

As you may be able to tell by the sad lack of posting, I've been busy. With just under a month left before Easterns (and less left until the Colonial Adult Winter Challenge I impulsively signed up for), things are heating up and I may be going nuts.

In lieu of what I would have been posting, here's a short list of things I found interesting in the last week or so.

Figure skating coaches are becoming the secret weapon for pro hockey teams. Figure skating technique makes one a better hockey player, apparently. Can I say 'I told ya so?'

Four Continents Championships were...interesting. Didn't see Paulina's win, nor Gracie Gold's epic fail, coming. With the exception of Paulina, it was a pretty disappointing show for Team USA.

This week in February is typically when the Winter Olympics are held during Olympic years, so it's always a time to look back at some amazing triumph. The 1980 US Men's hockey team beat the Russians 35 years ago this week in Lake Placid. The team members are meeting up there for a reunion. Brian Boitano won gold 27 years ago. Meryl and Charlie won one year ago. I'm sensing the need to hit YouTube and watch some of the greatest hits....


No comments:

Post a Comment