Monday, February 23, 2015

Red Carpet on Ice

Predictably, one of my favorite parts of the Oscars is looking at all the gowns and jewels and glitz and glamour.

It's also one of my favorite parts of watching figure skating. The costumes, the fanfare, oh my!

Here's my favorite dress from last night, a Thakoon, worn by actress Anna Kendrick:




I love everything about this dress, from the elegant neck to the drape of the top. The coral color would look great on ice (even better than on a red carpet)!

How could you turn this into a competition dress? Clip the skirt around the knee and you've got a dance piece, Clip it even higher around the mid-thigh, and you've got a classy outfit for your long program. The only thing you'd have to be sure of is the security of the bust. Maybe some tape is in order?

It's reminiscent of one of Meryl White's dresses in Sochi, perhaps that's why I was drawn to it?


No comments:

Post a Comment