Tuesday, December 8, 2015

How many teddy bears can fill an ice rink?

The answer is 28,815. That's almost 30,000 glorious balls of plush bouncing and flouncing on the ice.

Well, at least that's the most that have I've ever seen thrown in a rink. And by the looks of it, it appears that there is room for plenty more in Calgary after the Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club's annual Teddy Bear Toss. Here's the video, worth a watch:



Having been a sweeper once for a competition, I would be a little overwhelmed by this volume of teddy bears. But with the help of hundreds of volunteers and a few trucks, it seems manageable.

I love the idea of the charity here. I know a lot of elite-level figure skaters donate their tossies to charities. Though as many of you know, the tossies I got last year included nips of alcohol, which I very ungenerously did not donate...

No comments:

Post a Comment