Friday, August 29, 2014

Fashion Friday: Tights w/ Rhinestones

There seems to be a growing trend among competitive female skaters to wear tights with crystals sewn into them.

I can't get behind this. At least, I can't get behind tights like those in the image on the right. It makes skaters look like they have a bad case of the measles. It's distracting and unflattering. I first saw this at the Olympics this year. This has got to stop.

I've also seen some tights with patterned crystals, which I can tolerate a little more (pic below), though I think it adds nothing to the overall effect of competition attire. If I squint at it though, it looks like a bad rash, dirt or a tattoo.


I think we'll see a lot more of it in the coming competitive year. In which case, you'll probably hear a lot more of me complaining about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment