Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Must Try Ice Skating Trail

Was shuffling through my FB feed and saw this awesome video about a wilderness skating trail in Canada. If I ever get some time to vacation in the future, this may be on my list of destinations.



I've spent most of my skating life on a regulation-sized and -shaped rink. Wollman Rink was about as exotic as I've ever gotten. Except maybe one time, when I participated in a photo project by my pal David Charles. We cruised down to the Ashokan Reservoir for a wintery photo shoot. Though not a destination for skating, I took my skates along, just in case, thinking maybe I'd just sling them over my shoulder as a prop. Turns out it was cold enough that some of the trail froze, and I was able to glide over small patches. The photo took care of the rest. (Don't worry, I was wearing my old skates.)

David Charles Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment