Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 2

My second present this year was a trip to the Flight Trampoline Park. One hour of bouncing off the walls at a warehouse full of trampolines! So. Much. Fun.

Trampolining is not just a fun thing to do though, it's both a great workout, and a great supplement for figure skating training. When I did my summers in Lake Placid, I took several trampoline classes down at the ski jumping complex, learning proper trampoline technique and safety. And I think they really helped me on the ice.

Jumping on trampolines forces you to build resistance to momentum, which can come in very handy on the ice with jumps and spins. It also takes away that fear of falling on the hard ice (or ground), so you can just fly--and learn that your body is capable of doing things you never imagined.

Like back flips!


No comments:

Post a Comment